Tips for a COVID safe party
Well, it's been a long couple of years of lockdowns, cancelled events, and missed parties. Now that the world is 'opening back up', here are some tips to keep you and your guests safe at your next party.
- Make sure you are up to date with your COVID-19 vaccines.
- Where possible, plan your event outdoors.
- Stay home if you are sick or experiencing symptoms.
- Communicate with your guests about prevention strategies.
- Serve individual serving foods, like a "box style" meal or snack so there isn't a buffet table or share plates of food.
- Consider Icebreakers and activities. For many, it's been a while between socialising in large groups, and it can take a while to get used to it again! Have some activities and icebreakers ready so your guests feel at ease and don't get fatigued with small talk.
- Lawn games are a great outdoor activity, gets people mingling while keeping them busy. It's great for all ages, too.
- Have plenty of hand sanitiser and wipes around the location of the event, and a bathroom stocked of soap to make people feel more comfortable.
- Consider using disposable tableware to reduce the risk of spreading germs (and also save you cleaning up, too!)